The RealSlim plugin can be used to:
- Browse the Rhapsody catalog.
- Search for Artists, Albums or Tracks within the Rhapsody catalog.
- Access Albums, Artists and Playlists which you have added to the My Library list from the Rhapsody application.
- Play Rhapsody Albums, Tracks or Radio Stations on a Squeezebox or SliMP3.
- Access everything using the Web interface.
- Control playback options using preferences.
The plugin can be
accessed from the top-level SlimServer Plugins menu:
Plugins (3 of 7)
If the Rhapsody application is not running, the plugin will ask you
to launch the application.
This menu can be used to browse the Rhapsody catalog. It reflects the
menu hierarchy available through the Rhapsody application browser window.
RealSlim (1 of 3)
Browse Catalog ->
At the top level of the hierarchy are the main genres of music in
Genres (1 of 20)
Within each Genre, there are submenus for the following:
- Popular Artists
- Key Artists
- Key Albums
- Radio Stations
Drilling down the menu hierarchy will generally lead to the
discography for an individual artist or group:
The Crystal Method (1 of 5)
Main Releases ->
For a given artist, there are submenus for the following:
- Main Releases
- Singles and EPs
- Radio Stations
Drilling down further will lead to a list of Albums or individual
Main Releases (4 of 4)
The Crystal Method/Vegas (1 of 10)
Trip Like I Do §
This menu can be used to search the Rhapsody catalog:
RealSlim (2 of 3)
Search Catalog ->
This feature can be used to search for any of the following by name:
Search text can be entered using the Squeezebox remote. This is
similar to the local search feature provided by SlimServer:
Search for Artists
Artists matching "JAMES" (19 of 100)
James Brown ->
This menu provides access to the contents of the "bookmarked"
Albums, Artists, Playlists and Radio Stations in the My Library panel
of the Rhapsody application.
RealSlim (3 of 3)
My Library ->
The top level of the My Library menu hierarchy contains the
- Radio Stations
Playing Rhapsody content
The following buttons on a Squeezebox/SliMP3 remote perform actions
when pressed while viewing an Album, Sampler, Track or Radio Station:
- Play - Sets the current SlimServer
playlist to the corresponding item(s) and immediately starts
- Add - Adds the corresponding item(s) to the end of the
current SlimServer playlist.
- Library - Holding down the Add button will add the
current Album, Sampler or Radio Station to My Library. Note that this
feature only works if Rhapsody and RealSlim are working on the same
Starting with v0.6 and SlimServer 5.2, RealSlim also exposes
a web interface. This interface can be accessed directly from the
SlimServer home page. The additional links on the home page will
- "Browse Rhapsody Catalog" and "My Rhapsody Library" in the
"Browse Music" section.
- "Search Rhapsody Catalog" in the "Search Music" section.
- "RealSlim Settings" in the "Settings" section.
Several RealSlim settings can be changed using the "RealSlim Settings"
link (with SlimServer 5.2 or later) or by finding the settings page
under Server Settings > Additional Server Settings > Plugins. The
- Always compress content - If set to Yes, always sends compressed
MP3 streams to the player. Otherwise, sends uncompressed PCM to a
Squeezebox and MP3 to a SliMP3. MP3 encoding requires the installation
of the LAME encoder DLL. Default is No.
- Mute Rhapsody client - If set to Yes, mutes the Rhapsody application
so that no audio is heard from computer speakers. Default is Yes.
- Show debugging information - If set to Yes, prints debugging information
to the console. Default is No.
- IPC Port, HTTP Port, UPnP Port - Network ports used by the plugin. These
should only be changed if you get port conflicts with some other